I didn't have a recipe but I knew what I liked, so I used what I had and made homemade chicken soup in my crock-pot. It wasn't an exact science but I usually cook to taste anyways.
It was rather simple and seriously my house smelled fabulous all day!
shredded chicken breast
1. Place 1-2 chicken breasts in the crock-pot with a cup of water on high for 4 hours.
2. Shred chicken breasts using 2 forks.
3. Add water, carrots, and celery.
4. Add seasonings to taste.
I served it with white rice but noodles would be good also. I don't usually put noodles in the crock-pot because they tend to get soggy.
- Use dark meat with or without bone.
- Cook on stove top by bringing chicken to a boil in 4 cups of water. Once chicken is cooked, add vegetables and seasonings.
Freeze the broth for the next time you make soup.
I hope you enjoy this!
This is my favorite crock-pot. You can set it and it switches itself to warm at the designated time.